Thank you for your interest in our Congregation. We encourage you take full advantage of what we have to offer -- services, social events, community projects, etc. -- even as you are continuing to consider membership.
Moses Montefiore Congregation is egalitarian and is affiliated with the Conservative movement. It is also the only synagogue in the area that offers Friday and Saturday Shabbat services every week of the year. If you have already visited us, then you know that we are a diverse and highly participatory community. Our members represent a wide range of religious backgrounds and levels of Jewish education, a fact that we believe contributes to the overall vitality of our community. By becoming a member of Moses Montefiore Congregation, you will help provide the very tangible support needed to carry out the Synagogue's mission. You will also be affirming your commitment to exploring your Jewish self and to building an active, Jewish community.
Membership is offered to all, regardless of financial circumstances. We are a “fair share” congregation: fair share for each household is between 1% and 2% of income.
- High Holy Day tickets for your family **
- Sunday School, including Hebrew classes, for your children **
- Services every Shabbat as well as for Jewish holidays
- Regular information about Moses Montefiore activities
- Opportunities to share special occasions and life cycle events with your community
- Adult Education
- Sisterhood, Men's Club, and youth group, each of which sponsors numerous social events and activities
- Social events
- Social Action committee projects
- A library that is run by a member who is a professional librarian
- Support and comfort in times of difficulty or loss.
- Participation in decision-making about the synagogue's direction **
- The satisfaction of helping to maintain a vibrant Jewish community in the Fox Cities
** membership is required.
Moses Montefiore Congregation is fortunate to have a strong and committed membership.
We hope you will join us.